Thursday, July 26, 2007

The Napkin

Matt has been kind of a video junky lately, although he has been helping me in the yard alot, too. I've been rather proud of how hard he has worked to help me get things done outside!
However, today, he didn't do that. He videoed all day. Not good. Where does all that pent up energy go? And then take that pent up energy out to dinner, add in the stimulus of his best friend, Danny, and his sister's birthday, and you have utter mayhem.
I really am used to it, but I'm sure the people around us wondered why Cowboy Bob was at our table. Matt ordered an appetizer and his adhd came out. He decided to put his napking around his neck like a cowboy. Naturally, I didn't catch it right away. Oh well, at least his shirt was clean!
Of course, last night we had a little restaurant ADHD again. Straw, cup, sugar packets. Empty the sugar packet, twist it up and chew it. Wind it up really tight and make it fit in the straw. Not for any particular reason except that your brain is just working on overload, and it seems like a good idea.
So does taking a few extra sugar packets for at home. Which, I said no to. And lo and behold, what shows up at dinner tonight? Matt pulls a packet out of his pocket and says, "Look Mom! I have my own sugar."
You have to admit. He's entertaining. It's just trying to make sure as his mother that the manners are in there somewhere so that when they are needed, they pop out in spite of Matt. Actually, I must be nice. I've been told many times that he has good manners. He just doesn't want me to know!

No comments: