Tuesday, September 11, 2007

College

Dear Matt has decided he might want to go to college. Frankly, so long as he has a job and can support himself, I don't care if he goes to college or not. BUT if he does go to college, of course I want him to succeed.

The best thing is that colleges offer many resources for the ADHD kid. Note takers, tutors, you name it.

The only thing is Matt's grades...but he has assured me he is doing well in school. He is continually telling me he is working his hardest. I'm not doubting, I just need to see his interims to see how hard I need to work on those college applications.

We really feel it would be best for Matt to start at a junior college. He needs some maturity before he hits a four year university. I'd like to see him at the junior college for at least a year where they offer alot of help. I think if he had that confidence under his belt, he would be alot better off when he went to a 4 year university.

Interims come out shortly. Then we'll go from there!

No comments: